An interactive workshop dealing with administrative issues, strategic options and practical considerations in an ATO review. Topics include:
- • Current ATO approach to reviews and audits, including Justified Trust, tax corporate governance, practical compliance guidelines and multi-national tax avoidance initiatives;
- • How to be proactive in managing an ATO review;
- • Responding to notices and requests for information and attending interviews –interpretation of the questions, relevance of the information to be provided, claims for legal professional privilege and accountants’ concession and consequences of incorrect responses or failure to respond;
- • Resolution options and strategy; and
- • Settling the dispute and strategic considerations.