The use of discretionary trusts in investment and business structuring for SMEs has enjoyed renewed interest following the 2019 federal election. However, many issues still remain unresolved in relation to the taxation of distributable income.
This session will explore:
- • Selective streaming of other categories of trust income after Greenhatch;
- • Trustee determined allocation of expenses against categories of income;
- • Recoupment of carried forward losses;
- • Managing market value substitution capital gains; and
- • Streaming and deceased estates particularly where there is a non-resident beneficiary.